Jeff Weber, SVP of People and Places at Bridge by Instructure Wed, 20160706 22:47
Often the U.S. manufacturing sector is often praised for having built a thriving American middle class and solidifying the nation as an industrial force. But, in recent years the industry has been seriously challenged to maintain its competitive standing, which was put into sharp effect when Detroit — a manufacturing focused region endured the debilitating effects of its residents abandoned the city by the millions, and ultimately file for bankruptcy. (See the rest of the American Machinist story)
3M, located in Milford, Ohio, is relocating to Mexico at the end of 2016. The situation is certainly not ideal to boost American manufacturing; however, it may be advantageous to local companies that are seeking to fill highly-skilled jobs. Nearly 130 well-trained and experienced 3M employees are looking to transition to new positions over the next several months. To inquire about filling a need in your workforce, please contact 3M Human Resources Manager, Don Barnes at 513-272-5056 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The May edition of Advanced Manufacturing reviewed the 2016 Wholers Report on worldwide 3D printing developments. Some of the notable sections are listed below:
- HP soon to launch a 3D product based on it’s Multi Jet Fusion technology
- Canon will launch their 3D printer entry in 2017
- Young machinists can soon get in the 3D game with Mattel’s release of the $299 ThingMaker
Read about it in Advanced Manufacturing, pages 45-59.
Take note of some upcoming events being hosted by DRMA:
- MFG Mixes in June!
- June 23 with the Mason-Deerfield Chamber of Commerce – This is a great opportunity for DRMA members to meet manufacturers who are members of the Mason-Deerfield Chamber; hosted by Performance Lexus in Deerfield Township. $10 per person. Register here.
- The next round of Meet Ups is here! They are FREE and for members only. Build your peer network at…
- MFG Day Meet Up, Tuesday, June 7, 7:30 – 8:30 a.m., Select Industries. Register here
- Additive Manufacturing Meet Up, Tuesday, June 7, 4:30 – 5:30 p.m., Bastech. Register here
- Young Professionals Meet Up, Tuesday, June 14, 4:30 – 5:30 p.m., 5th Street Brew Pub. Register here
- Operations Meet Up, Tuesday, June 21, 7:30 – 8:30 a.m., Middletown Tube Works. Register here
- NEW! Government Relations Meet Up, Tuesday, June 21, 4:30 – 5:30 p.m., Corner Kitchen. Register here
- NEW! Safety Meet Up, Wednesday, June 22, 7:30 – 8:30 a.m., Dayton Convention Center, Room 207. Register here
- Workforce Meet up, Tuesday, June 28, 7:30 – 8:30 a.m., Location Register here
Read the May 2016 Digital Edition
Posted by: Peter Zelinski 10. May 2016
The latest issue of Modern Machine Shop covers multitasking for medical, simplifying setups, quick-change workholding and market trends. Read the full article.
SME Chapter 18 May Plant Tour
Dayton SME Chapter #18 is excited to announce that we will be touring Bastech, Inc. for our May Tour. Bastech is your One Source for 3D Printing, Additive Manufacturing & 3D Equipment Sales.
- Engineering design, prototyping, 3D printing, tool production, reverse engineering and low-volume part production all work together for our customers to provide an end-to-end solution.
- Making is our business and, ensuring that parts are designed for their intended purpose, whether mass production or one single part, is where our two+ decades of experience come into play.
- When- Wednesday, May 11th, 6:00 PM- 8:00 PM.
- Location-9233 N Dixie Dr, Dayton, OH 45414
- To Register- Please contact Adam Gehret by email: email@example.com or 937-608-3669 (C). Registration Deadline: Tuesday, May 10th 2016
- We will need a list of people attending and company you are associated with