IMI’s Ink Jet Technology Showcase 2016 and Emerging Technologies Academy is being held September 7-9, 2016 at the Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center Hotel in Schaumburg, Illinois. Complete details can be downloaded at www.inkjettechshowcase.com
Ink jet is a disruptive technology that is rapidly expanding into new manufacturing applications and providing transformative benefits. With many ink jet industry leaders convening in the Chicago area, this is a unique opportunity for manufacturing companies in the region to evaluate how ink jet technology can improve manufacturing operations and increase profitability. In addition to the showcase program, the following short courses are being offered on Friday, September 9th.
- 3D Printing Opportunities & Challenges
- High Speed Ink Jet System Design & Process Development
- Industrial Inkjet: Practical Considerations
Hotel reservations can be made using the following information:
- Online at https://aws.passkey.com/event/15041812/owner/27662/home
- By calling +1-847-303-4100. When calling, request reservation for “Information Management Institute Ink Jet Technology Showcase 2016” at Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center Hotel
Jeff Weber, SVP of People and Places at Bridge by Instructure Wed, 20160706 22:47
Often the U.S. manufacturing sector is often praised for having built a thriving American middle class and solidifying the nation as an industrial force. But, in recent years the industry has been seriously challenged to maintain its competitive standing, which was put into sharp effect when Detroit — a manufacturing focused region endured the debilitating effects of its residents abandoned the city by the millions, and ultimately file for bankruptcy. (See the rest of the American Machinist story)
3M, located in Milford, Ohio, is relocating to Mexico at the end of 2016. The situation is certainly not ideal to boost American manufacturing; however, it may be advantageous to local companies that are seeking to fill highly-skilled jobs. Nearly 130 well-trained and experienced 3M employees are looking to transition to new positions over the next several months. To inquire about filling a need in your workforce, please contact 3M Human Resources Manager, Don Barnes at 513-272-5056 or email@example.com.
Take note of some upcoming events being hosted by DRMA:
- MFG Mixes in June!
- June 23 with the Mason-Deerfield Chamber of Commerce – This is a great opportunity for DRMA members to meet manufacturers who are members of the Mason-Deerfield Chamber; hosted by Performance Lexus in Deerfield Township. $10 per person. Register here.
- The next round of Meet Ups is here! They are FREE and for members only. Build your peer network at…
- MFG Day Meet Up, Tuesday, June 7, 7:30 – 8:30 a.m., Select Industries. Register here
- Additive Manufacturing Meet Up, Tuesday, June 7, 4:30 – 5:30 p.m., Bastech. Register here
- Young Professionals Meet Up, Tuesday, June 14, 4:30 – 5:30 p.m., 5th Street Brew Pub. Register here
- Operations Meet Up, Tuesday, June 21, 7:30 – 8:30 a.m., Middletown Tube Works. Register here
- NEW! Government Relations Meet Up, Tuesday, June 21, 4:30 – 5:30 p.m., Corner Kitchen. Register here
- NEW! Safety Meet Up, Wednesday, June 22, 7:30 – 8:30 a.m., Dayton Convention Center, Room 207. Register here
- Workforce Meet up, Tuesday, June 28, 7:30 – 8:30 a.m., Location Register here
Read the May 2016 Digital Edition
Posted by: Peter Zelinski 10. May 2016
The latest issue of Modern Machine Shop covers multitasking for medical, simplifying setups, quick-change workholding and market trends. Read the full article.
- Air-Breathing Propulsion
- Communications Technology and Development
- In-Space Propulsion and Cryogenic Fluids Management
- Power, Energy Storage and Conversion
- Materials and Structures for Extreme Environments
- Physical Sciences and Biomedical Technologies in Space